Thursday, March 7, 2013

Intro + Heading to Korea

Introduction
A Hawaii girl going on her first trip abroad. This will be a diary of my life studying abroad in Seoul, Korea. I will be studying at Ewha Womens Univerity. I attend the University of Hawaii at Manoa and am majoring in Elementary Education. It's been a dream to travel to Korea since I've been in high school. I am looking forward to all the adventure awaiting me in Korea.


Flyin' Korean Air Ready to leave Honolulu,Hawaii

Now Leaving the Aloha State ..See Molokai
Could be my first Korean Meal..Bibimbap 
Flying on Korean Air to get to Incheon, Korea. First meal on the plane was BibimBap which is a dish of rice, meat  and different veggies mixed together with Gochujang Sauce (Spicy Soybean Paste) . It was actually pretty good for airplane food. It came with the maindish of Bibimbap and some soup which I think was seaweed soup, pickled veggies and some fruits.


Arriving in Korea-Getting a Phone
I chose to get a cell phone through the company SK Roaming. It was pretty good plan which was special for students who are studying abroad. From what I researched about renting a phone through the phone companies in Korea this was the best option. There wasn't any daily fee and if you can live without a smart phone this is the best option.  Also you pick it up right at the airport arrival terminal which was easy.

It was 50,000 won for the initial fee and I got around 84 Minutes put on so the total cost me about 85,000 won. You are required to give them a credit card for security purposes and if you need to reload the phone with more minute you just call to reload. The only downfall was you weren't able to chose the model of the phone but for basic purpose this phone has been pretty useful.
Add caption
Some cute quote that were on the free chocolate I got for renting my phone.

"We Will Be Together Forever and More"


"Love is the most beautiful feeling in the world"


No comments:

Post a Comment