Friday, April 5, 2013

Aloha Table in Hongdae

Authentic Local Hawaii Food


In Hongdae on a side street just around the corner from Snow Spoon and Sclub area is Aloha Table which is a Hawaii based restaurant that serves a wide range of local Hawaii food. We went around lunch time and we were only one of three or so other people but it is a pretty big place and I believe they have a beer garden and outside patio that come alive later in the night life of Hongdae. It was a bit pricy however they food was delicious on spot on to local hawaii food which made we feel like I was back home, very authentic.

Front entrance up to main restaurant
Front Entrance with Hawaiian flag flying

Sign at main entrance 

Decor inside door of entrance 

Inside the Restaurant




















These are just a few of the items that were offering during lunch which were pretty accurate to what I could get back home in Hawaii. Prices were some what high but it is to be expected since there isn't much of theses ingredients around here as accessible as in Hawaii. They had everything from local hawaii food to pasta and pho. They even had shave ice and acai bowl which I thought was pretty legit even poke bowls too. I was very impressed with their variety which made me fell like I was back home.

Some Menu Item (Front)
Some Menu items (Back)

More Menu items (inside)
Some of the drinks


With our meal we got a few Hawaiian cocktails. Pretty tropical and authentic although i've never had any back home but since in Korea I am of age I thought if I had to judge it's authenticity tasted pretty Hawaiian to me. Although I feel like it was a one time thing or something I can't do very often since drinks were around 9,500 won each. Still worth it though I got the mai tai which to me taste like a really good fruit juice.

(Front, Mai Tai) (Back lilikoi Cocktail) (Right, Tropical cocktail) 
Cocktail Drinks are all 9,500 won

During Lunch I believe it is included with all of the main dishes there is a bar of coffee, tea, lemonade, ice coffee and two kinds of soup that are included with your meal. In addition you get a small salad all included with what ever main dish you choose to order. So although it is a bit expensive for food in Korea you will get your monies worth with the amount of food you get.

Salad with Meal
Lunch bar with drinks and soup
These were the dishes that we order. We got the loco moco, mochiko chicken curry and I got a cheese burger.  I thought the cheese burger was the best burger I had even back home in Hawaii. Maybe I was just hungry but it was moist and juicy and just a really good burger. It was pretty simple but it was delicious.
Loco Moco
Cheese Burger
Mochiko Chicken Curry

The food was so delicious...We finished it all and not one bit was left over. I think we were so full we had to lounge there for a bit but it was worth every bite.

Meal was Delicious!! All Gone..

No comments:

Post a Comment